How are your Caregivers supervised?
How long does an assessment take and what does it consist of?
An assessment usually takes about 45 minutes to an hour and the assessment includes an evaluation of:
- Past and present medical history
- Behavior concerns and memory loss
- Emotional and mental health
- Physical limitations
- Safety of living environment
- Hobbies and interests
Does insurance cover this cost?
An assessment must be conducted before starting services. We can typically match you with the appropriate caregiver within 24 hours from the initial assessment.
How are the Caregivers selected?
What happens when the caregiver needs time off?
- Each applicant is screened carefully and begins by filling out an application
- The applicant is also given a competency test so that we can evaluate weaknesses and strengths
- A verbal interview is then conducted
- We are looking for compassionate people that are open honest, have good work ethics, verifiable references and willingness to be a team player
- If the applicant has passed the interview process, he/she is offered a position with our company only contingent upon passing all other requirements of employment.
Requirements are listed as follows:
- References are checked
- Caregiver is registered with the Department of Justice as a Caregiver
- Has submitted a negative T.B. test
- Driver's license is current with clean driving record
- Has proof of a social security card and eligible to work in the US
- Has completed 5 hours of specific training models
- Has passed the criminal background Live-Scan through the DOJ
- Is orientated in all company policy and procedures
- Is issued a scrub top and I.D. badge
- Is supervised on the first day of being assigned to a client to ensure that he/she is following the plan of care and policies.
Although many of your questions may be answered here, please feel free to contact our office during regular business hours at 714-696-7230 or you may call our On-Call Care Manager after business hours at 714-864-9782.
What are the benefits to having a Caregiver?
How can I verify that the Caregiver arrived on time?
Are the Caregivers Independent Contractors or Employees of your company?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is your Caregiver screening process?
Can I interview the Caregiver before they begin caring for my loved one?
I am a Veteran, does the Government help pay for these services?
How much notice do you need before starting service?